- Pure silk is so light that it keeps explorers dry and cool even in steamy Amazon jungles - yet it graces the most glittering fashion shows.
- Pure silk has strength and beauty. It is so strong that it is used in bulletproof vests! Sixteen layers of pure silk can stop a bullet.
- Silk's natural qualities make it ideal for those with sensitive skin. The Allergy Survival Guide recommends Patra silk.
- Patra pure silk is so light and warm it is used on expeditions to the top of Alaska's tallest mountain where temperatures can plunge to a bone-chilling -40??C.
- Pure silk can even help prevent the common cold. Our silk is naturally so absorbent that it 'wicks' moisture away from your body - keeping you warm and dry no matter how energetic you are. Luxury never felt so practical.
- Silk is a good mixer. Silk blends well with other fine fibres such as Cashmere. For our exclusive, strong and beautiful silk and cotton blend, our weavers take each single strand of silk and blend with the finest cotton to give you the best of both worlds.
- Silk stops you getting facial wrinkles! Silk pillowcases are renowned for their deep soothing effect. Not surprisingly, leading make-up manufacturers have for centuries added finely ground silk to their face powders.
- Pure silk is versatile. Delicate Chiffon, rich crepe-de-Chine and glorious Satin are all woven from silk. Over 25 years ago, Patra added to the list and were one of the first to introduce luxurious Silk Jersey underwear in Britain.
- 4,000 years of history are woven into every strand of silk. The empress Si of China first perfected the weaving techniques that make silk so desirable.
- Pure silk is nature's finest insulator. It keeps you warm when it's cold - and cool when it's hot. So now you can move from a warm house out into the cold night air without needing an extra sweater.
- Silk has always been so highly valued that it was forbidden to export Silk from Ancient China. The penalty for getting caught was beheading.
- Pure silk is exceptionally durable. Recently, archaeologists discovered 1,000 year old silk virtually as fresh as the day it was woven.
- Silk fibres are so supple they can stretch up to 20% of their length without breaking and still spring back to hold their shape. Now you know why our silk garments keep their shape even after years of active use.
- 400 years ago King James advised early settlers in Virginia to dig up their crops of 'that abominable weed, tobacco' and plant the far more valuable crop of mulberry trees. If they had listened to the King, the USA would now be leaders in silk production.
- Pure silk is exceptionally strong. What other luxury fabric is relied on for parachutes when lives really depend on it?